UFC champion Conor McGregor is not falling back on his dream fight against retired boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Approached by a paparazzo this week, Conor said he would still knuckle up with the undefeated sports icon.
Conor McGregor sounds like he’s still VERY serious about squaring off with Floyd Mayweather — telling TMZ Sports, “I told you I’m ready for that fight!” Conor dropped Floyd’s name at the UFC 205 media event earlier this week — saying he might need to set up a bout with the boxing legend after he runs through all the big names in the UFC. (TMZ)
During a press conference for UFC 205, McGregor did not hold back the possibility of getting Mayweather to fight him.
“Who the f*ck is that guy? Who the f*ck is that? Who the f*ck is that? Oh my God. When I take that guy’s belt – when I take that guy’s belt, I’m looking around, I don’t know what anybody else has – I might have to jump up and f*cking drag Floyd Mayweather and see what the f*ck he’s at.”
Conor McGregor with the line of the night. #UFC205 https://t.co/sQAQU4fG38
— Mike Johnston (@MikeyJ_MMA) September 27, 2016
Earlier this month, Mayweather downplayed the idea of a McGregor match happening.
It was fun while it lasted, but Floyd Mayweather put the Conor McGregor hype train out of service on Saturday. Mayweather, in an interview with FightHype.com, said that it is time for him to move on from trying to put a fight together with McGregor. “I tried to make the fight happen between me and Conor McGregor,” Mayweather said. “We wasn’t able to make the fight happen, so we must move on.” (Yahoo! Sports)
In late May, Floyd teased fans with a promotional advertisement featuring himself and McGregor.
The post Conor McGregor Says He’s “Ready” For Floyd Mayweather [Video] appeared first on SOHH.com.
Conor McGregor Says He’s “Ready” For Floyd Mayweather [Video] : SOHH